Monday, December 8, 2014

Studio Project 3

For our third studio project, we were asked to separate ourselves into groups of four. We were then asked to create a site. The dimensions of the site had been given to us, the only thing we had to do was design it based on a movie of our choice. The movie was meant to guide our design concept, by analyzing the architecture depicted in the movie. Much like the previous project this part of our project 3 has taught me the importance of communication and time management.

 
With our design we wanted to make a proper study model of New York design with grid like buildings and the comparison between the older style masonry buildings and modern glass designs.




The next part of our project was to choose a client from a given list and design a 'hideout' for said client. From the list, I chose Salvador Dali, a famous surrealist painter. I was particularly fond of Dali's work even before joining Taylors, when I was doing my Art IGCSE's coursework. I decided to design a building that represents him as a person.






With this project it has taught me how to manage my time properly as well as help strengthen my model making skills. It has also help me better plan my boards and how to present my information properly.






No comments:

Post a Comment